Face to face fundraising
Young Lives vs Cancer uses three face to face fundraising methods: Street, Private Site and Door to Door fundraising. These are very effective fundraising methods that enable us to plan our services based on a reliable source of income. This is really important in making sure we can be there for children and young people with cancer, and their families.
- We work with three professional fundraising agencies for these campaigns: Appco UK (Private Site and Door to Door) and One Sixty Fundraising (Street, Private Site and Door to Door) and Zen Fundraising (Street, Private Site and Door to Door) who fundraise on our behalf.
- For ‘Private Site’, our agency fundraisers will be based in static indoor & outdoor public spaces such as shopping centres and train stations alongside branded banner stands/ gazebos.
- For ‘Door to Door’, our agency fundraisers (wearing branded tabards) are based in pre-approved postcode areas across the country.
- Our ‘Street’ agency fundraisers are based outdoors in city centre high streets (without branded stands), where they will be careful to avoid obstruction by remaining static where possible and avoiding overcrowding timings such as rush hour.
- We work closely with all our agencies to train the fundraisers to ensure they’re representing us correctly and to monitor the fundraiser behaviour; ensuring compliance with regulations.
All our agency fundraisers will be wearing either a white Young Lives vs Cancer t-shirt and a black branded jacket, or a grey branded tabard.
All fundraisers will be carrying an identification badge, including the fundraiser’s name, photo and ID number.
If you are unsure about whether a fundraiser is legitimate, please contact our Supporter Engagement team on 0300 330 0803, Monday-Friday, 8am – 6pm or email email@example.com.
We pay the agencies we work with based on the number of donors recruited. The agencies pay the fundraisers themselves.
Appco UK, One Sixty and Zen Fundraising are our chosen partners for face to face fundraising because we know that they comply with all relevant laws and codes of practice. Fundraisers are coached by Young Lives vs Cancer and by the agencies to ensure they are informed about our campaigns and provide an excellent quality of service.
We carefully monitor the cost of our fundraising to ensure that our return enables us to plan support for the children, young people and their families that need us.
Appco UK, One Sixty and Zen Fundraising and Young Lives vs Cancer all adhere to the regulations and Codes of Practice set out by The Fundraising Regulator. For more information please visit the Fundraising Regulator website.
To share your experience of a Young Lives vs Cancer fundraiser or for more information on how to opt out of this type of fundraising, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Supporter Engagement team in the following ways:
- Call on 0300 330 0803, Monday–Friday, 8am-6pm.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Supporter Engagement Team, Young Lives vs Cancer, 4th floor, Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol, BS1 2NT