Donate by text
Children and young people with cancer, and their families, need your help more than ever right now. Please help us to be there for them by making a text donation today.
To give a monthly donation
Text GIFT to 70007 to give a monthly £3 donation to Young Lives vs Cancer from your mobile phone.
After signing up
When you text GIFT to 70007 your first £3 donation will be taken immediately from your phone bill or your pay-as-you-go credit. You’ll also be charged for one standard network rate text message for this first donation.
You will receive a free text message to thank you for your gift and confirm set-up of your monthly gift.
Each month from then on
This is a charity subscription service to Young Lives vs Cancer.
Each month you’ll receive a free text as a reminder, the day before your monthly £3 donation is due.
If you’re happy to give then you don’t need to do anything and a £3 donation will be charged to your mobile phone bill. Young Lives vs Cancer will receive 100% of your £3 donation.
Choosing to skip a month
When you receive your free reminder text, if you’d prefer not to give, simply text SKIP to 70007 within 24 hours of receiving the reminder and we won’t take your donation that month. Texting SKIP will be charged at your network’s standard rate.
If your phone is out of range or switched off, you don’t need to worry. We’ll only take your gift 24 hours after we know that your phone has received our message.
Stopping your monthly gift
We hope that you won’t cancel your gift and that you’ll use the SKIP system if you decide not to give in a particular month. However, if you want to stop your monthly donation permanently, you can text STOP to 70007 at any time or call 0300 330 0803. Texting STOP will be charged at your network’s standard rate.
Please note this only relates to the £3 monthly gifts by text, which are charged through your mobile phone bill. If you have signed up to a monthly recurring card payment after speaking to one of our fundraisers or signing up online, you can stop your monthly donations by texting CANCEL to 0786 008 5908. Read the full terms and conditions.
Some important details
By using this service, you agree that we may call or text you on your mobile in the future about our work and how you can help. But if you’d rather we contact you, please call us on 0300 330 0803 or email email@example.com.
How to make a one-off donation
Standard text to donate
Text to donate is a quick and easy way to donate to Young Lives vs Cancer. If you would like to donate £3 to us, just:
Text HELP to 70030 to donate £3.
It only takes a moment and every donation makes a difference.
Texts cost £3 plus one standard network rate message. Young Lives vs Cancer will receive 100% of your £3 donation. To unsubscribe from texts, text NOSMS YLVC to 78866. To unsubscribe from calls, text NOCALL YLVC to 78866. (These texts will be charged at your network’s standard message charge).
If you have any questions, please call us on 0300 330 0803. Please see below for general terms and conditions relating to all text to donate campaigns.
Unless otherwise stated, this Young Lives vs Cancer text to donate campaign will be live throughout the year.
Other text to donate campaigns promoted by Young Lives vs Cancer, and which you may have seen, are:
- Text GIVE to 70030 to donate £5 (ongoing campaign)
- Text YOUNG LIVES to 70500 to donate £3 (no longer active)
- Text CANCER COSTS to 70500 to donate £5 (no longer active)
- Text HOME to 70020 to donate £3 (no longer active)
- Text DONATE to 88010 to donate £2 (no longer active)
- Text XMAS to 70700 to donate £5 (no longer active)
- Text SMILE to 70500 to doante £5 (no longer active)
- Text SMILE10 to 70500 to donate £10 (no longer active)
- Text SMILE20 to 70500 to donate £20 (no longer active)
- Text READY to 70800 to donate £5 (from 26 October 2015 to 22 January 2016)
- Text XMAS to 70080 to donate £5 (from 26 October 2015 to 22 January 2016)
- Text THREE to 70007 to donate £3 (until 30 November 2015)
- Text GIFT to 70007 to donate £3 each month (regular giving by SMS)
- Text GOLD to 70030 to donate £3 (from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015)
- Text GIFT to 82727 to donate £5 (from 10 February 2015 to 9 February 2016)
- Text CARE/CARE1/CARE2/CARE3 to 70025 to donate £3 (from 10 February 2015 to 9 February 2016)
- Text PIE to 70030 to donate £3 (from 1 October 2014 to 30 November 2014)
- Text NOPIE to 70030 to donate £10 (from 1 October 2014 to 30 November 2014)
- Text RAIL to 70030 to donate £3 (from 10 May 2014 to 9 May 2015)
- Text JOKE to 70030 to donate £3 (from 1 June 2014 to 31 August 2014)
- Text CHILD to 70380, 70381, 70382, 70383, to receive a call back from Young Lives vs Cancer to set up a direct debit. (From 28 February 2023 to date@)
- Texts are charged at your mobile provider’s rate but no donation is taken.
- The donation will be added to your next phone bill, plus your standard network text charge.
- 100% of your £3/£5/£10 donation will be received by Young Lives vs Cancer
- Young Lives vs Cancer is a registered charity in England and Wales (1107328) and Scotland (SC039857).
- Donations aren’t restricted, and will be used wherever the need is greatest.
- Please note that you can donate to our text campaigns only from a UK mobile. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
- If the keyword or shortcode you text is invalid or you do not correctly follow the instructions, you will not make a donation to Young Lives vs Cancer, but you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.
- Unless otherwise stated, there will be no refunds for the cost of any SMS text made or for any misdialled short codes or misspelled keywords.
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to Young Lives vs Cancer.
- Young Lives vs Cancer would like to contact the users of these text donation services. If you’d rather not hear from us via phone, please text NOCALL YLVC to 78866 . If you’d rather not hear from us via SMS, please text NOSMS YLVC to 78866 . This will be charged at your network’s standard
message charge (based on your service provider’s rates). You can also opt out of receiving future communications by text by contacting us on 0300 330 0803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions regarding this donation service or would like to know more about our work, please contact us on 0300 330 0803, email email@example.com or browse our website.
- We want you to see how your gifts are helping, so we’ll sometimes send you links to photos and videos on our website. You can view this content on an internet-enabled phone or computer. We won’t charge you for content but, as with any mobile browsing, viewing could mean you incur charges from your network provider.
- Unless otherwise stated, our general terms and conditions relating to all text to donate campaigns (see above) also apply to the regular giving by SMS service.