Jack’s House Manchester
If you are a parent, family member or partner of a young person receiving cancer treatment in Manchester or if you are receiving treatment nearby and no longer need to be in a hospital bed, we can help. Get in touch about staying at Jack's House, near to hospital in Manchester.
Ask our friendly team about staying here:
Tel: 0161 470 8660
Jack’s House, A Young Lives vs Cancer Home from Home
121 Palatine Road, Didsbury, Manchester, M20 3YA
The house is an eight minute walk away from the hospital
It takes five minutes to walk from the house to the nearest shop
We opened Jack’s House in West Didsbury on 4 April 2022
The house has been funded by the wonderful people at Morrisons
Facilities at Jack’s House
- Nine bedrooms with en suites
- Two lounge areas
- Two kitchens
- External teen room
- Stand-alone shower facilities
- Disabled access
- On-site parking
Jack Thompson, supported by Young Lives vs Cancer when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour
I’m so excited that Morrisons chose the name ‘Jack’s House’ – it means a lot to me! The Home from Home will mean that families have a place to stay in Manchester whilst their child is having cancer .
Home from Home notices
- Induction times for new families are before 4pm Monday to Friday. Jack’s House Manager is Ann Grady available to contact on 07900048501
- We consider patients receiving ambulatory immunotherapy, ambulatory hydration fluids, or ambulatory step-down care (where you no longer need to be in a hospital bed but need daily review and live too far to travel) and we have a process for you to communicate your stay to your clinical team
- We are unable to provide accommodation to patients receiving proton beam therapy or ambulatory chemotherapy via a back-pack pump.