Want to take on an epic UK trekking challenge in support of young people facing cancer? Need some inspiration?
What we loveBeautiful setting Great crowds Themed medal
What we love
- Beautiful setting
- Great crowds
- Themed medal
Join us for a unique opportunity to run a 5K 10K or Half Marathon around Roundhay Park in Leeds. Each Mile will be accurately marked out and there are plenty of helpers to keep you quite literally on track and encourage you on your way to the finish. Included in your entry fee is a themed medal, water and post race goodies.
Leeds Running Festival 5K
Registration fee: £10
Minimum fundraising target: £100
Leeds Running Festival 10K
Registration fee: £15
Minimum fundraising target: £150
Leeds Running Festival Half Marathon
Registration fee: £25
Minimum fundraising target: £250
Every £38 you raise could pay for a family to stay overnight in one of Young Lives vs Cancer’s Homes from Home, providing free self-catering accommodation near to specialist children’s cancer treatment centres, which are often many miles from a family’s own home. Staying in a Home from Home ensures a family can be close to their child during treatment.
We love our runners, and we want them to have an awesome experience! Some of the benefits of joining our team are:
- A Young Lives vs Cancer vest so you look awesome and stand out in the crowd
- Our closed Facebook group where you can meet other Young Lives vs Cancer sporting legends, share fundraising ideas and training tips
- Our online Event Hub where you can find training plans, useful fundraising tools and injury resolution advice
- We’ll shower you with advice, ideas and materials to get the money rolling in, and if you ever need us we’re only a phone call away.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer it threatens everything, for them and their family.
At a time when they should be busy being children, enjoying their rollercoaster teenage years or finding their feet at uni, life becomes full of fear. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, of overwhelming money worries, mental health stretched to breaking point, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we get that. We are the charity that helps children and young people and their families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them. But every day 12 more children and young people hear the devastating news they have cancer. We’ll face it all together – but we can’t do it without you.
If you have any questions, or simply want to know more about running for Young Lives vs Cancer, please get in touch!
- Chat to our fundraising team online using live chat (use the pink ‘chat to us’ button at the bottom right of the screen) Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm
- Call us on 0300 330 0803, Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message us via our Facebook or Twitter pages
You might also like...
Want to take on an epic overseas cycling challenge in support of young people facing cancer? Need some inspiration?