Get a Young Lives vs Cancer Grant
It’s not right that young people and parents have to worry about money when they need to focus on treatment and all that comes with it. So Young Lives vs Cancer gives various grants, right from the moment of diagnosis, to help young people and families cope financially.
Our Registration Grant
Cancer costs from the moment of diagnosis, but there’s no financial support sitting there waiting for you. To help with the immediate costs of cancer, we give a grant of £100. Most young people and families use it to cover sudden expenses like:
- Travel to and from hospital, and parking there
- Extra food costs
- Increasing household bills and essential items
- Increasing phone bills so you can keep in touch with family and friends
- Private tuition to reduce the impact on education
- Accommodation near the hospital
- Childcare for siblings
How to apply
If you are a young person (diagnosed between ages 16-24) or a parent of a child aged 0-15, you can apply for this grant by filling out the application form below.
If you want to check whether you’re eligible, or need help completing this form you can contact our Central Support team on email@example.com or 0300 303 5220.