Want to take on an epic UK trekking challenge in support of young people facing cancer? Need some inspiration?
Iceland lies on the edge of the Arctic Circle and is home to some of Europe’s greatest wild landscapes. A land of incredible contrast and natural beauty, its wild volcanic landscapes, mountains, glaciers, hot springs, geysers and waterfalls, combined with its rich history, literature and folklore make it a fascinating country to explore.
Discover the stunning scenery on this fantastic trekking challenge in southern Iceland, as you trek through a striking mix of geothermal valleys and beautiful mountain scenery, streams and waterfalls. There will be snow underfoot so it’s challenging walking, but no technical expertise required as you take advantage of seeing this beautiful region in winter.
Staying in a spectacular environment surrounded by lakes and mountain scenery, miles from the nearest big towns, the dark skies offer a great chance of seeing the spectacular Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) and you watch each evening – the icing on the cake on this memorable challenge!
- 6 November 2024 – 10 November 2024
- 12 March 2025 – 16 March 2025
- 5 November 2025 – 9 November 2025
There are three payment options to choose from:
Fundraising Option – do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your place!
Pay a £299 registration fee, fundraise £3,300 (80% needs to be with Young Lives vs Cancer 10 weeks before departure)
Part-Payment Option – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of your place costs.
Pay a £299 registration fee, then a further £500 to Discover Adventure and fundraise £2,300 (80% needs to be with Young Lives vs Cancer 10 weeks before departure)
Full Payment Option – you pay the full cost of your place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
Pay a £299 registration fee, then £1,650 to Discover Adventure 8 weeks before departure
We love our trekkers, and we want them to have an awesome experience! Some of the benefits of joining our team are:
- A Young Lives vs Cancer t-shirt so you look awesome and stand out in the crowd
- Our closed Facebook group where you can meet other Young Lives vs Cancer sporting legends, share fundraising ideas and training tips
- Our online Event Hub where you can find training plans, useful fundraising tools and injury resolution advice
- We’ll shower you with advice, ideas and materials to get the money rolling in, and if you ever need us we’re only a phone call away.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer it threatens everything, for them and their family.
At a time when they should be busy being children, enjoying their rollercoaster teenage years or finding their feet at uni, life becomes full of fear. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, of overwhelming money worries, mental health stretched to breaking point, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we get that. We are the charity that helps children and young people and their families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them. But every day 12 more children and young people hear the devastating news they have cancer. We’ll face it all together – but we can’t do it without you.
If you have any questions, or simply want to know more about trekking for Young Lives vs Cancer, please get in touch!
- Chat to our fundraising team online using live chat (use the pink ‘chat to us’ button at the bottom right of the screen) Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm
- Call us on 0300 330 0803, Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message us via our Facebook or Twitter pages
Want to take on an epic overseas cycling challenge in support of young people facing cancer? Need some inspiration?