Other ways to fundraise
If organising events or doing challenges isn't your thing, there are many other ways you can help us fight for young lives against cancer.
You can donate goods at any Young Lives vs Cancer shop. It’s easy and the money we raise from your gift will make a real difference to children and young people with cancer, and their families.
How to donate
- Pop into your local Young Lives vs Cancer shop with your donations
- Hold a donation day event in aid of Young Lives vs Cancer at your place of work, school, or local community centre. For information or to register your interest, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 314 8610.
If you are a business or organisation there are a number of ways you can help:
- Please consider donating your redundant IT and Communications equipment. Please call or email for more information
- Donate obsolete returned or unsold stock from your business
- Donate lost property, including small gadgets and electrical items
- If you are a retailer consider a donation of sample, promotional and obsolete stock
What to donate
- Clothing – including retro and vintage
- Jewellery and accessories
- Collectables – Young Lives vs Cancer has an award-winning eBay shop where we can raise the funds your donation deserves
- DVDs, CDs and books.
- China and glass – as a charity shop staple, we love donations of bric-a-brac
- Household textiles
- Sheet music and musical instruments
- Mobile phone handsets, tablets, digital cameras, IT equipment and printer cartridges. Find out about what else you can recycle with CLIC Sargent.
Find out how adding Gift Aid to your donations can increase their value, by reading our Gift Aid FAQ’s.
If you have large items that you wish to donate in south west England, Young Lives vs Cancer may be able to arrange a collection.
Please don’t be disappointed if we’re not able to accept your donation due to health and safety or quality reasons. Our stock collection drivers will make an assessment upon collection, but you can help avoid disappointment by taking note of the following:
- Ensure upholstered items have a fire-retardant label
- Take photographs of the items you wish to donate and email them to us
- Provide measurements when enquiring about collection
To find out more
To find out more, or to request some donation sacks, please call us on 0117 314 8610 or email email@example.com.
Recycling with Young Lives vs Cancer is easy and helps raise money for children and young people with cancer. We can recycle your old mobile phones, digital cameras, MP3 players and if you’re upgrading your car, we can even recycle your old car.
Donate your unwanted car
Recycle your old car in aid of Young Live vs Cancer with Giveacar, our charity recycling partner, and raise money for young lives against cancer while also recycling.
Giveacar is a social enterprise that raises money for charities by accepting donations of unwanted cars. It gives you a cost-free way to donate your car to charity, just as you might donate your clothes or furniture.
Looking for a techy gadget or a new mobile phone? We sell refurbished donated gadgets via our eBay shop.
We have mobile phones, MP3 players, sat navs, digital cameras, games consoles and more. The donated stock is coming in all the time so if there is something we don’t currently have please get in touch and we’ll see if we can help.
Recycle your old gadgets
You can recycle your old mobile phones, digital cameras or MP3 players at your nearest Young Lives vs Cancer shop and help raise funds for young lives against cancer.
If you’re donating more than 20 gadgets, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a free collection.
Cartridge recycling with the Recycling Factory
If you have old inkjet or toner cartridges to recycle, all the information you need can be found on the Recycling Factory’s website.
The Recycling Factory collects and recycles over eight million inkjet and toner cartridges and mobile phones each year and whether you’ve got one, or hundreds of cartridges, they can help you recycle them and raise money for Young Lives vs Cancer in the process.
Young Lives vs Cancer can raise money by recycling textiles that our shops can’t sell. If you have a large amount of such material, or work for a company that does, please contact email@example.com.
Selling your unwanted items on eBay for Young Lives vs Cancer is not only a fun way to help our fight for young lives against cancer, it also has a number of great benefits for you.
Why should you sell for charity?
- Increased visibility – when you sell for charity you will automatically receive a charity ribbon next to your listings, making it stand out from the crowd.
- Extra promotion – your listing will also feature on the eBay Charity pages, further increasing the profile of your listings. Charity listings are 34% more likely to sell and attract 14% more bids.
- Enhance your reputation – your listing will automatically receive our logo and mission statement, associating you with our great cause.
- Reduction in eBay fees – the charity arm of eBay (PayPal Giving Fund) will reimburse you a percentage of your insertion and final value fees relative to the amount you choose to donate. If you give us 20% you will receive a 20% refund on your fees.
- Give what you can afford – there are no rules about what you have to give, so whether you give 10% or 100% – from as many or as few items as you like – it’s up to you.
How do you start?
- It’s easy to eBay for Young Lives vs Cancer. All you need is an eBay account and access to a computer and camera.
- Once you are ready to list your item, use the Advance Sell form or the eBay mobile app.
- Look for the charity box just below where you set your price and choose Young Lives vs Cancer. You can set the percentage you’d like to give to us (10%-100%).
- Three weeks after your item sells, PayPal Giving Fund will automatically collect the donation from you.
If you are a UK tax payer please remember to select Gift Aid which means we can claim an additional 25p for every £1 we receive.
Find out more
To find out more about how you can eBay for Young Lives vs Cancer, give us a ring on 0117 314 8611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
We don’t pick up collections from people’s homes unless they’re of a special value or interest. You can still support our shops even if you don’t live nearby, though, by selling your donations on eBay as a community seller for Young Lives vs Cancer.
Our shop teams are experts at converting lots of once loved and second hand goods into vital funds, but there are some items that we can’t accept due to legal or safety reasons:
Furniture and homeware
- Upholstered furniture without fire retardant labels
- Candles without instructions
- Used duvets
- White goods
- Electric blankets
- Electric showers
- Cathode ray televisions and monitors
* Please contact a shop before donating electrical goods to check they are able to process
Heating and cooking
- Gas appliances, either mains or gas bottles
- Paraffin stoves heaters (electric or gas)
- Oil filled radiators storage heaters
- Nursery items without fire retardant labels
- Toys without CE marks
Sharp knives and weapons
- Opened toiletries and cosmetics
- Food stuffs
- Video tapes
- Hot water bottles
- Cleaning agents
- Glues/ solvents/ aerosols
For further guidance or clarification on what to donate contact your local Young Lives vs Cancer shop.
Yes, if you add Gift Aid to your donated goods when you bring them to your local Young Lives vs Cancer shop, you can get in touch to ask for a gift aid statement to find out exactly what your donations have raised.
Yes. If you are a retailer, trader, or business with a donation of goods or equipment please get in touch and we may be able to re-sell, reuse, or recycle your goods.
Young Lives vs Cancer doesn’t carry out any house-to-house donated stock collections. If you get any Young Lives vs Cancer bags through your door they are NOT legitimate and the contents are unlikely to be donated to us.
For more information
If you have any questions or queries about donating items to Young Lives vs Cancer, please call 0117 314 8610 or email email@example.com.